Continuing the "Lean In" with "Option B" is something for me. It narrates a lot about her grief after her husband's sudden death from a heart attack while they're out of town for a special event. I should admit, I cry a bit many times while reading, anyway I am a drama queen if see or hear about sadness-stories. But the story of her warms my heart.

I have been experiencing a lot of loss since I was a teenager, whether the death of beloved ones caused it or just broke up with ex's, the feeling of abandonment and/or a pressure to be precocious. The book reminds me of the period that pushed me to be what I am now, it reminds me of how I survived teenage time without my Mom which..anyway she had passed away due to cancer when I was in 1st-grade Senior High School. Since then, I learned to accept the situation that I had to be fully raised by My grandparents. I have to adjust my financial condition cause living with grandparents = we depend on pension-fund only. Most importantly, like it or not, I had to overcome any complicated situation and emotions alone without adults' clear and comprehensive guidance and communication. I had passed my option B.

What Sheryl speaks reflects some of my condition when I was younger. I agree with her that experiencing loss and grief sometimes brings massive trauma. May part of it (the trauma) lead us to positive acts, such as performing preventive actions to avoid similar events coming again, sometimes it comes up bad by shaping a more complex condition in ourselves.

I like when she mentions knowledge by multiple resources, as I found Kubler-Ross's Theory about grieving. We are supposed to start in denial and move to anger, then to bargaining and Depression. After we pass, Depression through these four stages we can find acceptance. 

Kubler-Ross Theory about Grievance: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

This book might not be for everyone, but some of the key 'healing' point out some of the critical actions that the organization/company could adapt as Sheryl relates her way to overcome the situations with how she reacts and acts as the COO of Facebook. 

Even the book is very personal about her story, I might highlight a point about shaping a resilence mind. The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health recommends meditating, reframing the situation, leaning on your social network, cultivating positive thinking, laughing more, and being optimistic.

#Grievance #resilence #book #books #bookshelf #bookworm #bookwormproblem #bibliophile #bookstagram #bookstagramindonesia #sherylsanbergbook #optionB

Comments

Popular Posts