...notes : Ubud Writers and Readers Festival 2011

Soccerfield, Deli Cat Restaurant, Monkey Forest, Ubud with @miskalail


the logo is...hmm..i dunno, i don't really like it

I was waiting for Ubud Writers and Readers Festival (UWRF) Closing Party tonight while I wrote this notes…me and miska, We have been walking around from Campuhan to Jalan Raya Ubud since this noon. The Closing Party will be held at Blanco's Art Museum.


A..ya, Miska just already have an accident this morning, but he precisely wanted to attend one session Coffee seminars here…so here we are at Ubud, now.


Well, I’ve been spending my time at Campuhan in this 2 days and following a few session from UWRF. Ubud Writers and Readers Festival has been held since 5 to 9 October at Campuhan, Ubud. They have so many literature discussions and workshops in different places a day, from Indus, Left Bank Lounge, Campuhan College, Neka Art Museum until Casa Luna-the legendary bar and resto in Jalan Raya Ubud and also Antida and other places.That was the most expecting event by literature freak, they have so many writers coming from around the world from UK to Australia and so on…and also it has many art performances like Street Art, poems and Painting Exhibition.


I was following 1 day literature discussion in day 3rd. Together with @indira_syela we bought 1 day pass for only IDR 110k. That was interesting, but a bit confusing for me, it’s all talk about high level of literature, me? Yea I mean, I love literature but, not just that in to….hmm talking about metaphor or those sort too deep. I just got a few points of their key messages.


They have so many jasmines put in every single side of the room, smells like in a funeral ceremony…ieew…then we moved to Neka Art Museum for another shot discussion. More interesting, they were 4 writers, 2 from Indonesia and 2 from each UK and Australia.



the room with hundreds of jasmines put all over the room


I was like amaze to the Indonesian writer, Ida…. And Andreas Trevor. Ida has been stayed in Montreal following her husband, actually she was a journalist before, Andre has been traveled to Afganistan and talk most about people and culture in Afgan…I was amaze to him, well…I won’t put Afgan as my destination in traveling except for job stuff (for instance while someday I work for UN or those sort).


This’s the sentence that I’ve been quoted from them


Traveling changes the way you write…~Andreas Trevor


Yes, absolutely…and off course it’s also changes the way you thought.


I wasted my time for 2 days in Ubud, just for enjoying F.R.E.A.K Coffee and Carrot Cake and sit down for a long time just for writing…it’s obvious me…


see you next year in Ubud Writers and Readers Festival :)



Comments

Popular Posts