...Latepost : #northsumateratrip



Menara Pandang from Tele


Sipiso-Piso Waterfall


Ulos I bought from Samosir


Gundaling Mountain, Berastagi


Lake Toba


Cactus I found and bought from Berastagi



So many fresh-organic fruit at Berastagi


I've been travelling much more, currently

one of them is North Sumatera
I've been there for 2 days only, stayed with friends and went to many beautiful places
Actually this's my first time travelling to Sumatera Land
sure it has a beautiful view...green everywhere and so many mountains
I just couldn't describe how adore I'am to Sumatera's view and landscape

I went to Samosir Island in the first day, where we found Danau Toba (Lake Toba)-the largest lake in Indonesia.
There were need more than 4 hours to get there
we dropped by at "Sipiso-piso" waterfall-which has beautiful rainbow above the flow...
then passed by Tanah Karo, Bukit Barisan, Berastagi (highland in North Sumatera) and finally Tele-which has Menara Pandang or Landscape Tower-where we could go up the tower and see the beautiful view of Lake Toba.

We arrived at Lake Toba at 3 pm, stay for a while just for had lunch at Tabo Resort
along the street at Samosir, we could see the waterfall from the roadside
actually, I planned to stay for a night at Samosir...but my friends prefer to get back in the same day, so I followed them
then went to local market, bought some local fabric called Ulos (the most popular from Indonesia)
Look after Sigale-Gale-local noble's cemetery and local dolls

then crossed the lake with ferry to Prapat, it needs up to 2 hours to cross the lake
back to Medan 6 hours later at 1 am...
fyuh, such a long long and tired journey, but worth it!

Next day, we had culinary day... and city tour, cafe's and Museum Tour
I visited Rahmat Wildlife Museum-where we could find soooo many wildlife creatures and animal, from tiger, phyton from Amazon, polarbear, deer from Australia, Kangaroo, to little tiny preserved animal like mosquitos, butterfly and crustacea...great, I though there were thousand preserved animal there...(entrance only IDR 30k)
happy!

I like Medan as I love Surabaya, they have the same character of city view
oldtown but clean...
I hope I could stay in Medan for just a few months, I just love the city...:)

this month, I plan to travel to Thousand Island...cheap and near from my city...
gonna catch snorkeling activities and outdoor sport...
yaiy!


*cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts